Goi Xoai Xanh Tom Hap (Shrimp and Green Mango Salad)
- 12 fresh medium shrimp (about 300g)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 green mango (about 150g), peeled and pitted, cut into sticks
- 1 tbsp minced polygonum leaves (rau ram)
- 60ml/¼ cup Fish Sauce Dip
- 1 finger-length red chili, deseeded and minced
- 2 tbsp Crispy Fried Shallots
- 1 bunch Asian chives, cut into lengths
- Steam or poach the shrimp for 3-5 minutes until pink and just cooked.
- When cool, peel and devein.
- Combine the cooked shrimp, carrot, mango, polygonum leaves and Fish Sauce Dip in a large bowl and toss to mix well, adjusting the seasoning with more sugar, fish sauce and lime juice if desired.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with chili, Crispy Fried Shallots and chives.
- Serve immediately.